Cambridge Primary School believes ICT is an exciting opportunity to help develop the children for the future. The children use learning platforms and technology which will help them develop their confidence with ICT, it will help develop their understanding of how the modern digital world is supported by ICT and coding algorithms.
ICT is a core subject and is incorporated in teaching across the whole of the curriculum.
- raise standards in the teaching and attainment of all children, in all curriculum areas
- develop practical skills in the use of ICT and the ability to apply these skills to the solving of relevant and worthwhile problems
- understand the capabilities and limitation of ICT both in and out of the classroom
- understand the implications and consequences of its use.
ICT is used as a tool across the curriculum, supporting and enriching the children’s learning. To achieve this, the school employs a variety of ICT media such as:
- Broadcast material or CD-Roms
- Electronic toys
- Digital cameras
- Computers including an IT suite
We subscribe to several online resources to support our whole school creative curriculum including:
- Purple Mash
- TT Rock Stars
- Spelling Shed
- Ordinance Survey Digi Maps
- Charanga Musical School
The school has a networked system of computers and internet access is available in all classrooms and in the IT suite. The use of the internet is encouraged for sending and retrieving information and the school follows an e-Safety Policy regarding the access of children to materials on the internet.