PSHE is a very important part of the curriculum at Cambridge Primary School. We aim to prepare all children at our school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experience of life.
We strive to give them the knowledge, skills and understanding to:
- develop their confidence and responsibility
- make the most of their abilities
- prepare them to play an active role as citizens
- promote a healthy and safe lifestyle
- develop good relationships and respect differences between people
- think about and learn from, others' ideas and opinions.
We use 1decision resources as a structure for our PSHE although we are very clear that these can be adapted to the needs and contexts of each group to ensure that content is relevant and meets the needs of the class. In this programme, pupils watch videos of children their own age meeting various 'real-life' scenarios, they are then offered different options and discuss the merits and implications before watching these play out.
Over the year, pupils will cover: