Ethos and Values
At Cambridge Primary School we value each child for his/her own merits. Each member of our school and its wider community is embraced in the caring and nurturing ethos that underpins our school.
Our children will learn how to know themselves and to recognise their individuality, becoming confident, responsible individuals who are able to lead safe, healthy and fulfilling lives now and in the future.
We aim to foster a love of learning, where pupils are eager to find out more and where they strive to be the best they can be.
We believe that:
- teaching and learning should be exciting and challenging for all;
- children and adults achieve most in a secure and mutually respectful environment;
- all individuals have rights and responsibilities;
- effective partnerships with pupils, parents and the community is the key to success.
We aim to:
- enable all learners to feel valued, supported and challenged;
- actively encourage involvement, independence and responsibility;
- develop in all learners the knowledge, skills, understanding and attitudes for future learning;
- raise personal and school achievement and attainment;
- provide a stimulating creative learning environment.