School Sports Funding
We plan to increase the sports opportunities available throughout the school and to raise staff awareness and skill to promote healthy active lifestyles for all our pupils.
The school will be in receipt of a lump sum of £8,000 plus £5 per child as of the DfE census January 2013 – anticipated to be £8,925. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport. The advice states that ‘schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’.
The additional funding will be paid to eligible schools to review, develop and extend the wide provision already offered.
Mrs Conlong will lead and manage the School Sports provision. In the academic year 2014-2015 the school will focus on:-
- review of current provision, resources, skills and needs;
- extending multi skill activity through – Inspiring Infants, 223 Coaching (movement, agility, running & orienteering skills, involvement in Furness Academy Primary Inter-schools Activities;
- developing lunchtime activities;
- monitoring and developing curricular and extra-curricular provision to ensure high quality provision and range of experience throughout the school.
It was noted that pupils:
- were more active at lunchtimes
- took an interest in competitive activities aimed at Reception and Y1
- had wider opportunities to take part in sport due to improved provision.